Sunday 3 January 2016

New Plants - Trip to Burnham Nurseries

During my sojourn to Cornwall, I managed to stop off at Burnham nurseries and picked up a few new plants to add to my collection. I thought I'd share it on here as much as a record for myself as me thinking anyone would find it interesting. A large percentage of my plants come from there as I have always found them to be good quality and Sara (the owner) to be very knowledgeable and helpful. They aren't the cheapest, but I always think you get what you pay for. I have bought plants from shows in the past that look OK and are quite cheap but when you get them home you find they have root problems and it takes months if not years to nurse them back to health, assuming they recover at all. I think I've managed to remember them all below.

Brassia rex
Brassia verrucosa
Brassia verrocosa var. brachiata
Angraecum sesquipedale
Angraecum eburneum
Maxillaria tenuifolia 'yellow'
Cymbidium aloifolium
Dendrochilum latifolium
Dendrochilum abbreviatum
Oncidium ungiculatum
Coelia bella
Miltonia flavescens
Paphiopedilum gratrixianum hybrid
Paphiopedilum charlesworthii hybrid

Both the Paphs do have a full name on their tags, but I can't remember it off the top of my head. Most plants here are flowering size or approaching it, except for the two Angraecum species which I reckon need some (considerable) time yet, and Cymbidium aloifolium which is only a small plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment